Friday, April 15

I Made Up A Recipe

I could have followed one easily, but I thought why not just make it up as I went I am savvy like that. It turned out well, I have some adjustments to the next batch but I am pretty proud of myself with the first attempt.

I was going to a SouthWest Tex-Mex like egg casserole. I will be adding a few ingredients next time around.

I cubed up about 8 cups of whole wheat rolls we had gotten at the farmers market. They were extra hard on the outside but soft on the inside. I put them in a un-greased 9x13 dish.

I grilled three sweat Italian pork sausage links with some onion to take away from the char-like flavor. When they were almost done, I took them out, cut them into pieces and grilled them again. Making sure each piece had a little crunch.

Meanwhile in a bowl: I combined 9 eggs, 1 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 t chili powder (should have been 2 T) and 1 cup shredded cheese (should have been 2 cups).


I cubed 1/2 package of cream cheese (should have been a whole package) and added it to the bread. I also added 1 cup sliced mushrooms but should have also added equal parts of chunks of onion, peppers and possibly artichoke hearts.

I then combined all the ingredients in the baking dish and gave it a quick flip with a tong to make sure all the bread was coated. I baked it at 350 for about 45 minutes.

It turned out looking pretty delicious. It tastes really good, just missing some kick. I think the changes will do the trick though.

In Recipe Experiments

1 comment:

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

That looks so yummy. I cook like that all the time - make up recipes as I go with what I have. I have made many happy accidents and a few unhappy accidents that way :)