Sunday, December 19

Merry Christmas from DC

Well, I guess I am not sending out holiday cards this year. Though if ever this is the year we actually had something happen in our lives...a wedding...big move...etc. Oh well, maybe I will get around to New Years cards. Either way, here is a little Christmas cheer in DC. I am sure you are well aware of the National Tree in front of the White House. When my parents were here a few weeks ago, we walked down to look at it. The tree was up and ready to go, just not 'lit' yet. So they didn't get to see it all sparkly. On Thursday we actually got our first snow in DC, it was a total of 2" max but to DC that is a lot. We were going to see a showing of It's a Wonderful Life but it was canceled due to snow. So we drove around and looked at Christmas lights. We are from Nebraska, when someone tells us to go inside we leave the house. We stopped by the tree on our way home.


The National Tree


The Nebraska Tree

Regis was not too thrilled with all the rock salt that was put down nor the amount of people present. However, it seemed like he was getting more 'ooos' and 'awwws' then the tree. People keep telling me that I need to sell the jacket that I made for him. I would if there was a darn fabric store around. The closest one is about a 45 minute drive. Any way....

We can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.

In Christmas Blessings

No comments: